Thursday, August 8, 2019

Mix Tape Mania




Kids these days will never know of the lost art of mix tapes. I am not sure you could find a blank tape to mix, much less the boom box to do it on these days without scouring antique stores . Saying that makes me feel like a relic from another time. Do kids leave notes in each other's lockers? Or do they just send selfies, and love Facebook or Instagram posts? Since there are no blank cds readily available much less cassettes the format has to suffice. In the days of cyber detachment sharing music is one of the most soul baring things to share these days as it says here are the songs that make me when I am expressing certain themes or concepts .  When I was a poor goth child as shown above it was one of my favorite past times .  I know if this is a display of me then metal is obviously missing if I am painting the full picture of who I am , but I think that is a given and metal is only 50 percent of what I listen to . It tends to play the most when I am angry or depressed .Here  are some other sonic colors that paint different things and having David Bowie, Morrrissey, the Cure and Taylor Swift accounts for a hug percent of my listening.





Jimmy Eat World - "For Me This is Heaven"



 Pale Waves - "Red"

 

 Ryan Adams - "Wildest Dreams"

 

Taylor Swift - "Gorgeous"

 



Tin Machine - "Amazing"



 

 Tears For Fears _ "Head Over Heels"


 



 the Weeknd - "Earned it"

 


Morrissey - "To Me You Are A Work of Art"





the Cure - "All I Want"


 

 Death Cab For Cutie- "We Looked Like Giants"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment