Pages

Monday, September 21, 2026

Sicksense : "Funerals"






 This had been on my to-do list for a second, but it is going to be the last nu-metal-to-metalcore album I review for a while unless something really wows.  Canada jsut loves this shit; it has all the elements from this era of the 90s that you could want: rap and female pseudo-goth drama. The first song works for the novelty of what they are doing, but I'd like to see different sonic colors. 

"Newsflash' starts off more like 311. It is almost too upbeat when left to its own devices before the crunch kicks in with its detuned weight. It is not as effective as what they do on the first song, but doesn't suck either."Sellers Remorse" feels like it's a continuation of the previous song, as they really have two major dynamics to employ, then things begin to sound the same. The riffing is generic and carries the typical nu-metal bounce even if it is a well-produced take on the genre.

The last song is a power ballad of sorts that no one really needed. It drags on for little reason and feels like an interlude in a Disney musical even when the drums kick in.I will give this an 8, as they are good at what they do, the chick has a decent voice, and it kinda hot. The rapping works most of the time, theey could stand to be a little darker, but oh well, I am sure some kid will like this.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment