They start raving til dawn with a more techno feel to "MOVE". The vocals have a snotty punk attitude, and guitar surfaces midway into the song before she drops down into lower spoken vocal. This is more unique to what they do, and I think the more they experiment, the better, as if it solidifies their identity. I had to listen to "Bass Resistance" before it clicked enough for me to pay attention, and when it did it reminded me more of the Prodigy. Not as memorable as the first four songs.
A cover of Prodigy's "Breath" closes the album, which kind of clashes with my rule of not covering a band that is clearly one of our influences., They do nail it and add some of their own sonic touches while being true to the 90s sound. There is something unique to the synth sounds employed here. I guess there is a gap to be filled when it comes to this sort of thing, as they are not as heavy as Youth Code, so they might have a different audience. I will give this one a 9.5 andd see how it grows on me. It drops on Dias Records September 4th.
pst351

No comments:
Post a Comment