Pages

Friday, July 24, 2026

Mimi Banks : "Dreamstate of Fear"






This artist claims she created "doom trap". Which is weird to say nu-metal, but ok. Perhaps she is not making such claims today; while she is effective at what she is doing here, there is not a great difference between what she and Poppy do upon occasion.  The well-produced vocal hooks in the chorus of the opening track sit her on the more nu-metal side of the equation. I am not sure what is doom about this or would make someone try parallels, but that is why I do what I do to clarify these kinds of glaring errors. 

I guess if you were a pop singer who grew up on a steady diet of Slipknot, something like "Jericho" is the next logical place to go. "Power dutch Verrat" finds the German working almost better for her, as it creates a more original vibe. 'Butterfly In Chains' is almost too clsoe to mainstream radio rock for me. The sung vocals come across as happy in places. The rapped parts break up enough to work. 

The outros and the interlude on this album I am not counting for the sake of this review. Overall, this was way better than I expected. While it is not my thing, I think it does a great deal that kids who are into this sort of thing will love, and can recognize the effort that went into the songwriting and production; only one song leans in the filler direction o I will give it a 9 






pst340

No comments:

Post a Comment