Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

L.O.T.I.O.N multinational corporation : "Machine Halluinations"





 Electronic tingehardocore does end up sounding like industiral. The first song sounds like it could have been from the 90s. I do like the harder-edged guitar fighting against the synths. "Spiral of Destruction" sounds like White Zombie jamming with the Butthol Surfers.. You could almost say something similar about "Absolute Insanity," but it also carries stronger ties to Killing Joke. But it also finds them settling into more of a songwriting formula. "Boots On the Ground" is more Ministry-inspired.

They kick up equal amounts of dirty noise and grooves on "Digital Rot".At this point in the album he vocals begin to get a little boring with their one-dimensional nature. I suppose if Motorhead is one of thre your favorite bands, you won't notice. Speaking of Motorhead, the vocals take on a more Lemmy vibe for "Acid Reign." . The vocals also have a little more purpose on this one so that works for me. There is a more punk feel to "You're the Product" 

"Never Say Never" is another more punk song with some Devo tendencies. This is offset by a more metallic riff driving it. Then it's back to a more old school industrial sound for "Smooth Operator," tink Revolting Cocks in this regard.. Lulu contributes her voice to "Five Star General," which helps to switch things up into a more indie new wave revival sound. Overall I appreciate what they are going for here, not blown away by it , but they captured the sound of an era I like and wrote some decent songs on their own terms making this album a great deal of fun so I will give it a 9.



pst378

No comments:

Post a Comment