Friday, January 1, 2021

Mix Tape Mania : Wil Metal






Metal has always been one of the most important parts of my life. It was the music that first resonated with me as a child. Dark and empowering. It often gave me strength to power the bullshit hand the world often dealt me. So sharing it is sharing a part of who I am.  Here are ten tracks from metal bands who are the most defining of who I am excluding Iron Maiden . Yes, they are one of my favorites but bands like Maiden, Pantera and Slayer are so big it is hard to think of them as music that is mine, despite having an Iron Maiden tattoo.  I mean sure my brother has even said when he sees something Iron Maiden it makes him think of me, but does it make him think of me as much as say King Diamond? not likely. Here is a part of me, and it's cool part you can head bang to. 


Sleepy Time Gorilla Museum- 'Sleep is Wrong"

 



 Pallbearer- " Foundations"  


 

Atriarch- "Altars"

 

Watain- " Four Thrones" 


 


 Acid Bath - "The Blue"

 



Kyuss- Demon Cleaner" 

  

Type O Negative- 'She Burned Me Down" 

 

Voivod- "Into My Hyper Cube" <- allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" black="" diamond-="" frameborder="0" height="315" horsemen="" hypercube="" iframe="" into="" king="" my="" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4G38cwcM9vc" width="560">



 


 King Diamond- " the Black Horsemen"


 


 Converge - " In Her Blood"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment