Friday, June 12, 2020

Death is June - Kruelty : "A Dying Truth"







I was going to cover Xibalba , but I am glad I did not because these guys from Japan do what they do better. Yep Japan you heard that right. Things are getting Brutal in Japan in the best way possible. I am not buying that slower death metal makes you death doom as these guys bring hard core into the mix and this shit is great. If you are going to be angry and aggressive then do it ins a way that punches you in the fucking face. Too many bands play mean, but do not pack the power to knock you senseless like these guys do . There is no way to not bang your head to the second song. With each song the pace slowly begins to pick up. The chug they churn out by the time you get to "Anicent Words" has some locomotion behind it. They are not hitting you with a ton of double bass, which is where the hairs are being split between death metal and hardcore. Not saying there is none, it is just done differently.

The break downs slap you in the fucking face. They slow back down to a more Obituary pace in places on " Nothing More" . I love the grooves, the more punk parts , namely the stiff snare patterns I am not as big of a fan. They remain punishing on " Vengeance". It stomps ahead with some of punk recklessness in spots. The weight behind the chug of "Darkside" is hard to deny. The vocals are the only thing that begins to get a little stale as accept for one part so far they have been growled in the smae gutural manner. I mean even for death metal I expect marginally more dynamics. "CKS' is where things begin to work off the same throbbing pulse. Not a deal dreaker , but I could use a little more dynamics.

This album is really well produced. This helps the guitar fully realize their potential for violence. The drums are the only part that could use more love. I am not a fan of the snare sound, not as mad as Metallica snare. It is the punk blast beats that turn me off . I will give this album a 9. It is a much more solid release than what I expected. Out on Profound Lore.

No comments:

Post a Comment