Saturday, July 15, 2017

The Second Cumming of the Weekly Shuffle

The return of this once beloved feature deserves a hot girl with big boobs, because those are numbered among my favorite things just like the songs that are going to pop up like an erection when I hit shuffle on my trusty ipod and review the tracks at random.
So you can hunt down these songs and use them as your soundtrack to beat off to the hottie above or seek out the entire albums which if they are from my iPod are going to be pretty solid.



 David Bowie - "Tumble and Twirl" The best thing about the "Tonight" album that was commercially a flop following the massive "Lets Dance" is Bowie's voice coming off the Serious Moonlight tour is incredible and strong. This is not his best song and sounds like it could have been a b-side to any song off the Labyrinth sound track.


 The Weeknd - "In Night" Very Micheal Jackson. In fact it might be his biggest wink to Micheal on the "Beauty Behind the Madness" album. The chorus is strong, though it's not my favorite from this album.



 Minus the Bear- "We are Not a Football Team" From the "Highly Refined Pirates" this is a more laid back number. The guitars on this song are still stellar and allows you to hear them do something different from the bouncy tapping thing they typically do. Which does go down in places they are just branching out here.

 the Cure- "Scared as You" I have a ton of Cure on my iPod after a roller coaster dating thing in the spring, so I'll be surprised if this is the only song that comes up. Anyways this is from their b-sides bow, which is what all bands should put out rather than a box set of songs you already have on their other albums. This one has a good mid paced groove and sounds like it's from "Wish" era.


 Marilyn Manson -"Slutgarden" When I said sweet I meant dirty, was once a tag line to one relationship I had fifteen years ago. The Golden Age of Grotesque is his most underrated album and this song encapsulates all the reasons why. It is a good balance of balls and creepy sleaze.


 Iron Maiden- "Murder in the Rue Morgue" Old some old Maiden. I loaded a bunch more Maiden on here. One of the better songs from the Paul years that still sounds like where they would end up with Bruce aside from Paul's more limited dynamics.


 Watain- "Lawless Darkness" The title track from what might still be their best album. This has a dark throb to it that proves black metal does not have to live on blast beats alone. Yes I can hear the influence of Dissection here, though these guys bring more of a pounding going into the verse.

 Converge -"Albatross" More older metal on here than not it seems. 'From Petitioning the Empty Sky" you can hear the metal influence as they are in more of a punk racing tempo. Not as chaotic as they would eventually find themselves and I love the more melodic section where he kinda sings.


 Peter Murphy- "All Night Long" The weird percussive elements add to the 80s sound he worked well with. I think the melodies he uses in his solo stuff here are stronger and hookier than Bauhaus. Not to say overall better as Bauhaus is darker and more intense, but I think it would not be wise to discount his solo work.

 Pearl Jam -"Bugs" So I decided to give 'Vitalogy" a chance and the truth be told I don't really like this song / It's stupid and silly so this tells me I need to delete it from my iPod, the song not the album I'm am still giving it a shot.


 Clutch- "X-ray Visions" This song is awesome. It shows that you can rock the fuck out without abandoning songwriting and write smart catchy songs with awesome lyrics. Oh well despite her shirt there was no Ac/Dc , if you even noticed thats what shirt it is. We will do this again next week for now I am not going to pledge to do this on a more regular basis because when I say that I forget to do it, so we will see how this one goes. Share if you want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment