Friday, October 11, 2024

Gothtober- HARSH R : "I Won't Wait"

 





When it comes to industrial music, this year has been slim pickings, so I am taking whatever I can get as long as they still are about to fit in the definition of the genre, This project combines interesting elements. There is a synth wave ambiance, against angry vocals shooting in a more grooving cadence that has more in common with industrial music.  It works for the first song if every song on this EP is more of the same then I would be disappointed, but let's give it a shot.

 I can tell going into the second song that the vocals might be the most limiting element of what is going down here. They are mixed further back but the same shout is being employed. The synths are not grooving the same way as they did in the first song either. "Enough" works more off the ambiance with the vocals as a textured afterthought as his chant sits even further back in the mix this time. 

"Bury ME" works off a darker pulse. I like that the vocals are finally a little different. This guy is not the best singer, but at least he is making some effort to use his voice more like an instrument on this one. The instrumentation takes on a more neon-coated 80s feel. He self-identifies this project as synth doom, and I am not hearing anything doom, so that is wishful thinking on his part. This works for what it is and I think he is onto something here, I will give this album an 8. If you want an aggressive synth wave alb um this is for you. 



pst512

No comments:

Post a Comment