Pages

Monday, August 31, 2026

August's Top 10 Albums







August fades to a blur, so now you need to catch up on the month's best new releases. This might help you, casual readers, with what you might have missed. 
I am not doing little blurbs on them, just linking the reviews. This helps me organize my end-of-year lists by including each album's genre. This does not mean these albums were released this month; it is a list of new or upcoming albums I have enjoyed most. I have albums in my in-box that won't come out until November, so I am normally way ahead of the curve in this regard. They are ranked in order of how much I have listened to them. This month, it runs the gamut from indie folk to thrash, so perhaps you will find your new favorite among them. Here are the Top 10 albums for August of 2026.

10-Bestial Mouths -"Dead Lines" 


Dark Wave




9-Quicksand-"Bring on the Psychics" 


Post-Hardcore




8-Flotsam & Jetsam- "Rats in the Temple" 

Thrash 




7-Night Eternal - "Cold Velvet" 


Dark Power Metal 





6-Spirit Mother-"Thistle" 


Grunge





5-Phoebe Bridgers-"Lost Weekend " 


pst401

No comments:

Post a Comment